A good diet is very important in the life of any person and, for that reason, we must take care of it and pay attention to what we eat. This becomes even more important when we are pregnant, since the baby is going to be nourished through the umbilical cord with what the mother eats. From PregDream we are going to make a weekly menu that we can follow during the 9 months in which we are pregnant.
PROHIBITED FOODS DURING PREGNANCY
One of the biggest concerns for all pregnant women has to do, again, with diet. These are the foods that are and are not allowed to be eaten during this 9-month stage. To be clear, we are going to make a short list of the main prohibitions or those not recommended in your diet:
- Stimulating drinks : such as coffee , herbal teas or energy drinks
- Very fatty foods : avoid these stews in your diet, as they are very difficult to digest and digestion can be very bad
- Raw fruits and vegetables : wash these ingredients very well and avoid, for example, eating salads outside the home. This is important to avoid poisoning.
- Liver : avoid it because it contains a lot of vitamin A, so it can be dangerous for the baby’s development.
- Some fish, such as swordfish or bluefin tuna, are high in mercury and heavy metals.
- Seaweed : they have a lot of iodine content, so you don’t have to go overboard with their consumption.
- Cheeses : you cannot eat any that are not pasteurized and may contain listeria. The tender and cured are recommended.
- Sausages : freeze these sausages or cold cuts before consuming them so that there is no possibility of toxoplasmosis.
- The same thing happens with meats that are undercooked or with foie gras.
- Avoid sushi , as raw fish can also cause listeria or anisakis.
- Tobacco and alcohol are also prohibited for pregnant women.
Perhaps with all these prohibitions you are thinking how you are going to prepare the menus for the nine months of pregnancy. To make it easier for you, we are going to propose the dishes that you can include in your diet for a whole week.
MENU FOR MONDAY
- Breakfast: decaffeinated, juice and cereals or muesli
- Lunch : baked rabbit with potatoes, bread and fruit
- Dinner: mushroom and yogurt omelette
The menu that we recommend to start the week is very simple to prepare and also very healthy and delicious. First of all, to start the day you should have a decaf , if you are a coffee lover, and if not a glass of milk. You can accompany it with whole grains or muesli. Also, top off your breakfast with a fruit juice , be it orange, kiwi, etc. You can also have another one in the middle of the morning, for lunch.
For lunch you can prepare a baked rabbit , since it is very easy to prepare, and accompany it with some roasted potatoes. Add a serving of bread and a piece of fruit. You can also include a salad, for example beans, to finish off the meal.
Finally, for dinner, we suggest a mushroom omelette , as it is one of the most popular and quickest avocados for a menu. You just have to follow the normal steps and add some mushrooms.
MEALS FOR TUESDAY
- Breakfast: fruit juice, milk and cookies
- Lunch: rice salad and chicken fillet
- Dinner: baked bream with guar vegetables
definitionWe start on Tuesday having a good fruit juice for breakfast, whichever flavor you want, with a glass of milk and decaffeinated or cocoa and around four traditional biscuits or digestive type, whichever you like best. For lunch you can add a cereal bar and a piece of fruit.
For lunch prepare a rice salad to your liking. You can add egg in the form of an omelette, turkey, carrot, tomato, olives, etc. Shape it however you want. For the snack we recommend a fruit and a yogurt.
Dinner will be starred by a fish. specifically, a baked gilthead bream , a very easy recipe that will take almost no time at all. Accompany it with some potatoes or baked vegetables as a garnish.
MENU FOR WEDNESDAY
- Breakfast: fruit pancakes
- Food: lentils with vegetables
- Dinner: tomato salad and spinach quiche
Breakfast on Wednesday is going to be a little more special, to get more strength for the end of the week. You are going to prepare some crepes , a very simple recipe, since you only need flour, eggs, milk and sugar. You can accompany them with a few fruits, such as banana or strawberries. You know, in the middle of the morning eat something else, like some nuts.
For lunch we suggest a lentils . Leave aside the typical ones that incorporate ribs or meat and make them only with vegetables (potato, carrot, zucchini), you will see how they are just as delicious.
For dinner you can make a tomato salad and accompany it with a rich spinach quiche . Light but tasty dinner.
MEALS FOR THURSDAY
- Breakfast: orange or kiwi juice, milk and biscuit
- Dinner: hake with Bilbao sauce
Again, breakfast is based on a good natural fruit juice , a glass of milk with some cakes or muffins or a yogurt. You can eat some slices of turkey in the middle of the morning.
On Thursday it is already pasta, which surely you were thinking about when you were going to eat it. We suggest you some pesto noodles with cherry tomatoes. If you prefer carbonara, make sure the bacon is well fried so that you don’t get infections.
For dinner, a fish again. In this case, we consider that you are going to love a hake from Bilbao . Quick, simple, light and very rich.
MENU FOR FRIDAY
- Breakfast: fruit pancakes
- Dinner: Pepper-roasted turkey leg
You can repeat the fruit crepes for Friday. In the middle of the morning you can have some corn or rice cakes and a yogurt or fruit to complement.
A chickpea salad with rice, mushrooms, wild asparagus will make this meal delicious.
For dinner we are going to propose something different to what you have had so far. It is roast turkey thigh, it happens to replace the chicken, made with pepper. You can also make bakery potatoes.
MEALS FOR SATURDAY
- Breakfast: toast with whole wheat bread, turkey and cheese
- Lunch: salad and roast pork roll
On Saturday there is a toast breakfast , very typical for the weekend. Choose the bread that you like best, such as whole wheat, and accompany it with turkey and hot cheese. Of course, do not leave the juice and glass of milk.
The meal will consist of a traditional mixed salad, with the ones you like the most, and a roast pork roll. A very complete plate along with a slice of bread and a piece of fruit.
And for dinner we propose a rich pumpkin cream . Very easy to do, you only need pumpkin and onion. Once boiled, you grind it and pass it through the mill so that there are no pieces or lumps. Accompany it with some chicken, for example, if you think you’re going to be hungry.
MENU FOR SUNDAY
- Breakfast: toast with jam and butter
- Lunch: gazpacho and grilled monkfish skewer
- Dinner: scrambled eggs with garlic, asparagus and prawns
Again, for breakfast you can make the typical bread toast with jam and butter . Accompany them with a yogurt or decaffeinated and a fruit juice.
For lunch, now that the good weather is beginning, a good gazpacho or fresh salmorejo can be included in your diet . As an accompaniment, a brochette of grilled monkfish. Perfect combination.
Finally, this weekly menu for pregnant women ends with a scrambled eggs with garlic sprouts, wild asparagus and prawns . Complete dinner with a homemade soup or an arugula and tomato salad.