On Halloween the most typical costumes are the terrifying ones: witch , vampire, zombie (which have become very fashionable lately due to the series “The walking dead”), skeleton … The truth is that when choosing a costume, the Children are not very original and most of the time they get carried away by fashions, then many get frustrated when they see other children dressed as the same, especially when it is a costume bought in series. If you do not want to go through that bad drink again, you have come to the correct article because then we leave you with original costumes to avoid bad faces and disappointments.
Halloween is a holiday that is celebrated in the United States and Great Britain, but in recent years it has become very popular in Latin America and the rest of Europe, especially in France and Spain. At this party, the “scary” costumes are the ones that children choose the most, but we are going to look for terrifying costumes that are a little more original than the conventional ones.
Halloween costumes for girls
A scary costume that very few children wear is Wednesday, the daughter of the Addams family . It is a very easy costume to make and you don’t have to spend almost any money.
– You will need a black dress , which is half a span above the knees, it is important that it is not ruffled, the most bland and smooth you have will be worth it. If you do not have a black sweater with the skirt of the same color, tables or plain, it is also worth it.
– A white collar must protrude from the neck of the sweater , preferably triangular. Any white shirt will be perfect to put under the sweater, if your daughter wears a uniform to school you will save money.
– Finally the accessories. Black shoes, stockings and a wig. The stockings are under your choice, you can be black, black and white stripes or even white socks below the knee. The wig must be black and can be with two braids, one on each side. If your daughter has long hair, comb it yourself.
2. VAMPIRE VICTIM
It may not look like a very glamorous costume but it is original. At least a nursery will go vampire, but vampire victim? You will only need a good makeup and you can put the girl the clothes you want, vintage clothes, current, etc.
– Where did the victim live? Choose clothes according to the time. Perhaps the most typical would be to wear a white nightgown, since Dracula mainly attacked the maidens when they slept, but you can disguise your daughter in a courtesan outfit, with a dress from the Victorian era, from the 20s …
– For makeup : paint your daughter’s entire face white and put dark circles on her . On the neck put two red fang marks with a trickle of blood running down the neck.
3. JAPANESE HORROR MOVIE GIRL
A terrifying costume for everyone who comes across her, both for kids and adults. Japanese movies were very fashionable a few years ago but now you can still see a premiere from time to time. The most famous have their American version, like ‘ El grito ‘ or ‘ The ring ‘, but there are many more. In almost all of them there is a woman or girl dressed in white , with very long hair. It is because in Japan long black hair is associated with a very famous type of ghost, the yurei, who lived in great pain in life.
For this costume you will only need a long white dress, a long black wig (it must be smooth) and make up your daughter as pale as possible and with dark circles.
4. TWINS FROM ‘THE SHINING’
This costume is only for twins, twins or two friends who want to go together. It is a simple costume because it only requires two matching blue dresses, with a bow in the middle, white socks and black shoes. If your daughters want to go both of the same thing it can be a good idea.
Halloween costumes for kids
1. DORIAN GRAY
– Actually for this costume you would have to look for a period costume, in some toy stores there are English gentleman suits with matching hats that you could use. If you can’t always do it your landlord, for example, if your son made communion, you can reuse the pants and jacket.
– For the painting you will need a frame (it does not have to be very large), print a large photo of your child. Then you can paint over the photo with markers to put wrinkles and cracks on the face, make the painting “ugly”.
– Your child will not need any makeup, just be combed and as elegant as possible.
2. HANNIBAL LECTER
– This costume is a bit complicated because you will need a mask that covers the mouth but it can be bought in almost all toy stores.
– You will also need a straitjacket, but any adult shirt will do as long as it is white . Tie it at the back. For the bottom you will only need some orange fabric pants to simulate the prison suit that Hannibal wears in the movie.
– You will not need makeup, as much gel to throw your hair back.
– If you also get hold of the wheelbarrow, you will succeed.
3. MALEFICENT CLOWN
Have you seen the movie ‘ It ‘? If so, surely you know who I mean. Anyway, regardless of whether you have seen it or not, a clown is always scary , if we also make up even more sinister.
– It is an easy costume, if you want to make it similar to the one in the movie you will have to look for a yellow suit, a red wig and paint the face the same.
– If you want to make your own version you can put any clown costume on him but it is important that you paint an angry expression on his face so that he is really scared.
– As accessories you can add almost any weapon , a machete, a crossbow, a knife … Even a balloon hanging from the hand will give it a sinister touch.
4. MAD HATTER
This costume is not scary but it is original and fun, as much as the same character from ‘Alice in Wonderland’. You don’t need a lot of material either. Just a tall, brightly colored top hat that you can glue cards to.
– You will need a jacket, a shirt (preferably white silk) and a vest, the colors do not have to match, we can use any color, the more colorful the better. As always, the clothes you put on him will depend on the version of Mad Hatter you want to make. For example, in one of the versions she wears vertical striped shorts with multicolored horizontal striped tights.
– For makeup, if you want to do the Johnny Depp version, you will have to paint your child’s face white and put dark circles on him. The other crazy hatters don’t usually wear dark circles but they do wear blush on their cheeks and eye shadow.
Finally, remember that these are all suggestions, and that you can add as many things as you want to make the costume more original and fun.