Psoriasis is a skin condition that affects adults, although it can also be suffered by children. Psoriasis causes the appearance of a series of scales on the skin that are not contagious, although they usually cause some social rejection. Then I will tell you what is the best way to treat this disease so that your child recovers as soon as possible and does not affect him on a personal level.
WHAT IS PSORIASIS
Psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that is linked to the person’s immune system. A person with psoriasis will suffer an inflammation of the skin that results in the formation of various grayish scales in various areas of the body. These scales usually appear on the scalp, face or elbows.
PSORIASIS IN CHILDREN
In the case of children, this disease is caused by lymphocytes, which attack the skin as if it were a wound. This will cause the dreaded scales to appear in various parts or areas of the child’s body . In addition to the immune system, there are a number of other possible causes for a child to develop a condition such as psoriasis:
- The high level of stress that the little one may be subjected to can lead to psoriasis on the skin. The issue can be aggravated by causing some social rejection from your classmates .
- Low temperatures and cold is another of the most common causes of psoriasis in children. On the contrary, sun exposure is perfect when it comes to controlling this skin condition.
- Genetics is another reason why a child can suffer from psoriasis. In the event that parents have had or suffer from psoriasis, chances are high that their child will end up suffering from such skin disease.
HOW TO TREAT PSORIASIS IN CHILDREN
Unfortunately today, psoriasis has no cure . It is a chronic skin condition that can come and go when the person least expects it. When it comes to treating it, there are numerous ways or mechanisms that can help it stop and control it:
- In the event that psoriasis is not severe, you can apply specific moisturizers to the affected areas that help combat the irritation of the scales.
- If your child has psoriasis, it is good to expose his skin to the sun, but always in a moderate way, since in the case of exceeding this exposure, the psoriasis can worsen quite seriously.
- If psoriasis is quite important and many areas of your body are mined with such scales, you can treat them with a technique such as phototherapy. In this way, the little one will receive artificial light in the affected areas along with the administration of certain medications such as antibiotics that help reduce the symptoms of such skin condition.
Psoriasis is a skin disease that can undermine your child’s self-esteem . The redness and scales in areas of your body can make your classmates or schoolmates show rejection and do not want to approach you under any circumstances. In this case, it is very important that the parents are by his side, supporting him so that he can cope with the comments and the illness itself . Although it has no cure, it is a disease that with good treatment can make the child lead a life as normal as possible.