Abusing a child is a totally reportable and despicable act that no parent should ever do in their life. However, and although many people ignore it, it may be the case the other way around, that the son himself mistreats his own parents. More and more children are raising their hands to their parents without having the least bit of respect. Then we will talk about the reasons why a child is capable of hitting his own parents when he gets angry or enters an angry state.
REASONS WHY A CHILD HITS HIS PARENTS
It is not unusual to see a young child have a big tantrum and as a result of it shoving his own father and slapping him. Faced with this, parents do not know how to act and tell their child that it is a behavior that cannot be repeated. Most studies indicate that this may be due to the lack of authority of parents, who do not know how to instill in their own children the necessary respect. The education these children receive is too permissiveand they hardly have norms or rules to follow. These are tyrannical children who are always equated with the role of the father in the family. Given this, it is quite normal that they are children who do not show any kind of respect for their parents and who do not have any problem raising their hands when they do not agree with something.
HOW TO ACT IF A CHILD ASSAULTS HIS PARENTS
The most serious problem with such behavior is that children who hit their parents from a young age tend to continue this behavior over the years. If you want to avoid this, it is essential that you follow a series of guidelines that we indicate below:
- The first thing parents have to do is establish a series of rules that their children must respect. You can’t let them be free to play and do whatever they want.
- If they get angry and have a tantrum, you should not talk to them at any time. You have to let them calm down before sitting down with it and making them understand that their behavior is not the most appropriate.
- At no time should you yell at the child or hit him since they imitate everything they see and will also become violent and aggressive . Take a deep breath and stay calm at all times even if the child is in an angry state.
- The bond between parents and children must be strengthened at all times . On many occasions, the distance between the two is usually the reason why the child reacts in such an aggressive way. The attachment between the two is essential for the son to show respect for his father.
- You have to know how to control the impulsiveness that the little one may have. Parents must establish a series of consequences in the event that the child has not acted as he should. You can sit down with your child and give him a series of guidelines so that he knows how to control himself and thus avoid expressing his anger against you.
- Today one of the causes why children have no respect for anything and less for their parents, is because they do not empathize . From the time they are young, they must be educated in the value of empathy and taught that they must be put in the place of the other to know how they feel and to know what is right from what is wrong.