Most people are unaware or do not realize it, but they tend to live with substances that are harmful and toxic to health on a daily basis. The problem is even greater when the woman is pregnant since the fetus can be harmed by the mother’s contact with such toxins. Then I will tell you about everything related to toxins and what you should do to avoid coming into contact with them during pregnancy.
PREVENTION DURING PREGNANCY
Before being born it is important to take care of and protect the health of the little one as much as possible since otherwise in the future their health may be damaged. It is important that you know that the fetus is attached to the mother through the umbilical cord, so it receives the nutrients it needs to grow without problems. However, through this cord it can receive some other toxic substance that the mother perceives. In addition to this, the baby is much more vulnerable than adults, so the toxic damage is much greater and dangerous.
HOW TO RECOGNIZE TOXIC SUBSTANCES
On many occasions it is really difficult to recognize these harmful substances since they are present on a daily basis in most people’s lives. Take note of some guidelines that will help you identify toxins and avoid problems for the baby during pregnancy.
- A very high percentage of food contains traces of pesticides, so it is really important to wash them well to remove these harmful substances. Another option, although it may be a bit more expensive for your pocket, is to buy 100% organic products.
- There are a number of fish that contain high doses of mercury. This mineral is highly toxic for the development of the fetus. Experts advise in such a case to avoid consuming products such as tuna, mackerel or swordfish.
- A toxic substance such as bisphenol is present in products such as toys, tin cans or plastic cups. When buying such products you should look at the label to make sure that it does not contain bisphenol. To do this, the acronym for BPA free must appear in the aforementioned product .
- Paraben is a harmful substance that is usually present in articles and hygiene products such as shower gel or hair shampoo. The most advisable thing is to opt for organic products.
- Cleaning products for daily use usually contain chemical components such as alkyphenol. This substance is usually very harmful to the health of the baby . If you want to avoid any type of problem, it is good that you opt for natural products when cleaning the house.
- Teflon is present in most pans and pots. It is advisable that when buying these kitchen products you opt for those that are made without the aforementioned Teflon.
Although at first it may seem somewhat complicated, it is good that during pregnancy you avoid these harmful products since otherwise you can endanger the health of the baby. Luckily it is becoming more common and normal for products to carry detailed information on their composition. Knowing how to read this information is key in order to avoid certain toxins that could endanger the baby’s health.
SOME TIPS TO PREVENT TOXINS
When it comes to preventing these toxins and harmful substances during pregnancy, it is important to change your habits. You have to be very careful with the diet that the mother follows since there are many foods that contain various toxic substances for the little one. The ideal is to opt for organic products and avoid slightly processed products. In the case of vegetables and fruit, it is advisable to wash them well enough in order to eliminate the traces of pesticides.
Another commonly used source that usually contains harmful substances is that related to cosmetic and personal hygiene products. Before buying them, it is essential to look at their composition and avoid toxic substances such as parabens or phthalates.